The much-awaited sequel to Halo Wars is just around the corner. 343 Industries has been working hard on Halo Wars 2 which is slated for released on February 21st, 2017. HW2 provides gamers with real-time strategy with the speed of Halo Combat in one of the largest Halo battlefields ever. Additionally, users who pre-order will get a Halo Wars: Definitive Edition an upgraded version of the original Halo wars.
Halo Wars 2 Game Synopsis: After decades adrift and declared “lost with all hands”, the brave crew of the UNSC Spirit of Fire are mysteriously awoken above an ancient Forerunner haven known as the Ark. In Halo Wars 2, Captain Cutter and his crew will face one of humanity’s most formidable threats yet: The Banished – a fierce and powerful Brute faction led by a cunning and lethal warrior known as Atriox.
Halo Wars 2 Gameplay:
- The Return of the Spirit of Fire – This campaign will reintroduce fans to the Spirit of Fire. Captain Cutter and crew will be fighting a dangerous new enemy. Blur Studio brings detailed graphics and cinematic artistry to Halo Wars 2.
- The Dawn of Atriox – A new villain has been added to the Halo Wars 2 Universe. Atriox is the leader of The Banished, a mercenary force. The Banished have the classic alien weapons of war that we all love from Halo but with an interesting new design. The weapons will be more deadly and brutal so be prepared.
- Halo Wars 2 Atrox Trailer:
- Halo Wars 2 Atrox Trailer:
- The Biggest Halo Battlefield Ever: The mythical Ark is a mysterious alien location created by the Forerunners over a millennia ago. The Ark was first introduced in Halo 3 so fans can now have the chance to control the Halo rings themselves.
- New Strategy: The real-time strategy has been redefined in Halo Wars and HW2 will be taking that evolution even further. The game will feature a hybrid action-oriented with the tried and true tactical modes. The developer, Creative Assembly, bring their decades of experience in RTS to HW2 which will be fun for new players and rewarding for RTS experts.
Halo Wars 2 Multiplayer Mode:
- Skirmish: In this mode, players will have a chance to test their battle strategies against various AI difficulty levels. So you can scream out the computer is cheating when you die for no apparent reason. The various environments allow for variety and the chance to fight with as many AI and co-op friends as each mode will allow.
- Strongholds: This mode is a timed game mode that is fast-paced and the overall objective is to control the most bases when the timer stops. Most gamers should be familiar with this type of gameplay and be prepared for the frustration that comes with it.
- Domination: In this classic gameplay mode, players will take the gameplay from Halo Wars and now experience new units, leaders, and special abilities. So build your base, army, and try to gain control of the Ark.
- Deathmatch: Players will be given the chance to build their base and army. It sounds familiar right? However instead of fighting for a map you will instead fight until only one player is left standing. This mode has the potential to be the bloodiest of all and therefore the most fun when you stomp on your opponents and sing a song of victory.
- Halo Wars 2 Blitz Mode: This is an all new mode that will bring a unique approach to RTS gameplay that players will enjoy.
Halo Wars 2 will be released on February 21st, 2017 for $59.99. The Ultimate Edition is $79.99 and includes Halo Wars: Ultimate Edition which includes early access to the game four days prior to release., Halo Wars 2 Season Pass digital code, and Halo Wars: Definitive Edition digital code.